Deep-Fried Bombs combine three favourites into one – hearty beef mince, tangy cheddar cheese and fluffy MAGGI Mash. They’re heavenly dipped in the tangy emulsion.
The potato bombs are an alternative to scotch eggs and are a definite crowd-pleaser. The emulsion is a great way to make a healthier sauce/ dipping without oil or cream. It can also be made with only yoghurt rather than mayonnaise.
500 g Beef mince
½ bunch Parsley, chopped
200 g Cheddar cheese, cubed
1½ tsp Chilli powder
4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp MAGGI Lazenby
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups MAGGI Mash, prepared
4 slices Bacon, fried and chopped 2 Spring onions, chopped
½ cup Milk 1 Egg
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
½ tsp Garlic granules
1 tsp Salt
Oil for deep frying
SALAD DRESSING EMULSION:
1 cup Nestlé Oil Free Salad Dressing
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Plain yoghurt
Handful Fresh coriander, chopped
- For the cheesy meatballs: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make little mince balls around each piece of cubed cheddar.
- Place onto a greased baking tray and bake in an oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool until needed.
- In a bowl, combine the MAGGI Mash, bacon and spring onion.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the milk and egg; and in another, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, garlic and salt.
- To make the bombs, scoop up potato mixture and wrap around a cheesy meatball, dip into the breadcrumbs, then into the egg-milk mixture and again into the bread crumbs. Repeat this for each meatball.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 170°C and deep fry each ball until golden brown; approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- While cooking, make the salad dressing emulsion. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well until it comes together.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or drizzled over the potato bombs.
Online source: Nestle Professional
This content has been authorised by Neil Jacobs | Channel Solutions Specialist | Nestlé Professional | East & Southern Africa Region (ESAR)