MAGGI Mash Crusty Garlic Knots are a real crowd-pleaser. They’re so much more
exciting than ordinary bread rolls. This recipe makes 24, enough to feed a crowd.
1 Tbsp Dry instant yeast
1 cup warm milk
¾ cup MAGGI Mash prepared
1 Tbsp Butter
2¼ tsp Salt 2 Egg yolks
4½ cups Bread flour
GARLIC HERB BASTING:
1 cup MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressing
3 Tbsp Garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl of a stand electric mixer, add the milk and yeast and allow it to proof.
- Add in the MAGGI Mash, butter and salt and stir to combine.
- Add in the eggs yolks and beat well.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time, kneading it into the dough. Continue to knead the dough
until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a large bowl and place your dough inside with a tea towel on top and allow it
to rise for at least 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and cover, allow to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 24 pieces.
- Use your hands to roll each piece into an 18cm snake, tie into a knot and pinch the
two ends together behind the top.
- Place onto your prepared baking tray. Once all rolls are on the baking tray, cover with
a cloth and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- While they rise, make the garlic herb basting by mixing all the ingredients together
in a small bowl.
- Brush the garlic herb basting over the rolls.
- Bake in oven for 12 – 14 minutes or until the bottoms are brown and the tops golden.
Makes: 24 rolls
We substitute the oil or butter usually used to brush pastry when cooking for the MAGGI Oil-Free
Salad Dressings. They will help to brown your pastry as well as add flavour
Online source: Nestle Professional
This content has been authorised by Neil Jacobs | Channel Solutions Specialist | Nestlé Professional | East & Southern Africa Region (ESAR)