Flatbreads are incredibly versatile. They’re great as part of a meal and are fabulous served with dips and hummus.
2 cups MAGGI Mash,
prepared and cooled
¼ cup Butter, melted
1 large Egg, beaten
1 cup Rice flour
¼ cup Cornflour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Poppy seeds
2 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted ½ Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Garlic
2 tsp Dried basil
½ tsp Salt
Melted butter for brushing
- In a large bowl combine together the MAGGI Mash, butter and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the rice flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to rest.
- In the meantime, make you crispy onions by lightly sauté them with a little oil and butter. Add the garlic towards the end of the cooking to ensure it does not burn.
- Mix the onions, garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, basil and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough has rested cut into 8 pieces and roll into balls. Flatten lightly with rice floured fingers.
- Place onto baking paper on a baking tray and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the onion and seeds mix and bake for 15 minutes at 225°C.
- Remove from the oven and brush with more melted butter.
The use of the MAGGI Mash and other flours creates a gluten/wheat free product that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Online source: Nestle Professional
This content has been authorised by Neil Jacobs | Channel Solutions Specialist | Nestlé Professional | East & Southern Africa Region (ESAR)