Chocolate and banana flavoured muffins, What’s not to love? These wonderful treats are perfect for breakfast buffets, tea or coffee time or even the dessert tray.
1 cup Flour
1 Tbsp Cornflour
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp Salt 1⁄3 cup Milk chocolate, roughly chopped
½ cup Dark chocolate, roughly chopped
4 Tbsp Nestlé Cocoa powder
1 large Egg
½ cup Greek yoghurt
¼ cup Nestlé Bar-One Spread
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
½ cup Brown sugar
1 cup Banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease 7 – 8 extra-large muffin tins with Spray and Cook.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cocoa powder, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and Greek yoghurt. Stir in the Nestlé Bar-One Spread, vanilla, brown sugar and bananas.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter among your greased muffin tins and bake for 18 – 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove from the muffin tins and place onto a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container until serving.
Online source: Nestle Professional
This content has been authorised by Neil Jacobs | Channel Solutions Specialist | Nestlé Professional | East & Southern Africa Region (ESAR)